Reviews & interviews ..
- Incorporated Society of Musicians Trust Conference: Where to next for music education? TOMORROW Saturday 27 November, 10am-4.30pm, a FREE online conference, “bringing together experts from across the sector to examine the opportunities and challenges that music educators currently face”. Further details and book your free ticket 👇
- Trio HLK plays some of the most fascinating and challenging music in the UK currently, often deconstructing Standards so they become altogether more polyrhythmic and classical-feeling creatures. So anyone within shot of The Vortex Jazz Club, Dalston, London on Saturday 11th December, don’t hesitate, get yourself down there. Shows at 7pm and 9pm. Details 👇
- Accomplished and popular jazzers JazzMain are at Glasgow gastro-pub, Avant Garde, on Friday 3rd December at 8.30pm. That’s that Friday evening sorted then!
- 🎸For some really grrreat guitar paying and a guaranteed evening of good cheer, The Allan McKeown Quartet is at The Jazz Bar, Edinburgh this Thursday 25th November at 9.15pm. 🎉 Line-up: Allan Wj Mckeown on guitar, Paul Harrison on Organ, Steve Forman on percussion and special guest Doug Hough on drums.
- Guitarist Haftor Medbøe and Singer Jessie Bates are at Whighams, Edinburgh, tomorrow Sunday 21st November at 7.30pm. What better way to spend a Sunday evening?! 🔥🍸 Details below.
- The brilliant Calum Gourlay Trio, featuring both Helena Kay and Jeff Williams is on at 7pm this Friday 26th November, at The Vortex Jazz Club, Dalston, London. Fantastic!!! 🎉 🔥 Details 👇
- Ubiquitous Fergus McCreadie Trio is at St Andrew’s Street Baptist Church, Cambridge, (Cambridge Modern Jazz) at 7.30pm this Wednesday 24th November. Don’t miss this, Cambridge! 🔥🎉 Details below.
- Edinburgh-born trumpeter Sean Gibbs is playing at The East Side Jazz Club, Leytonstone, East London at 8pm this Tuesday 23rd November. Seriously great jazz is to be expected, and no doubt an airing of his album ‘When can I see you again?’ So, Londoners, you know what to do. 😀