Reviews & interviews ..
- Cast you vote NOW for this year’s Scottish Jazz Awards! 🏴🎶🏆
- Call for Papers, around the theme of ‘ encounters’, for Documenting Jazz 2021. To be held at the Reid School of Music, Edinburgh College of Art, University of Edinburgh 23 – 26 June, 2021, this year it’s in partnership with the Edinburgh International Film Festival! And Nate Chinen, former jazz critic for The New York Times is keynote speaker! So get writing folks.. ✍️ 😉
- Review of debut album ‘Blind Fury’ by Glasgow-based doom jazz band, AKU.
- Meanwhile, in the German city of Halberstadt , there is a chord change in John Cage’s 639-year long “As Slow As Possible.”
- Cool article about what might be going on in a Jazz singer’s brain, by Melissa Forbes, University of Southern Queensland. Nice mention of Raymond MacDonald & Graeme Wilson’s book on the primacy of improvisation, ‘The Art Of Becoming’ (2020).
- Attention Edinburgh-based creatives. Nominations for The Creative Edinburgh Awards 2020 are open! They close at noon on Wednesday 9th September, so be sure to submit your nominations before then.
- SJS’s album review of: ‘Adventures From Home’ by Scotland-based pianist Paul Harrison, as appeared on London Jazz news webzine today.
- Would be so great if someone who was heavily into JAZZ applied for & succeeded in getting this job at BBC Introducing – Scotland … 😀