Reviews & interviews ..
- Jazzfest Berlin have their shows from last autumn on demand and FREE, until November 2022. Some brilliant music such as from Pat Thomas & Han Bennink and Mary Halvorson. 😮🔥 Here’s the link:
- Brilliant band Nimbus Sextet are at Ronnie Scott’s this Wednesday 19th January, doors at 8.30pm!! Woo hoo! 🔥🎉 Details below 👇
- jazzahead! – “the largest gathering of world-class professional delegates working in jazz” – is ONLINE and in-person in Bremen, Germany, from Thursday 28 April – Sunday 1 May 2022. Here is information about how to apply for a bursary to attend.
- Sophie Bancroft, Tom Lyne and guest Liane Carroll, ONLINE at 8pm GMT tonight Monday 10th January!! 🎶🎉💃 Access via Sophie’s Facebook address below 👇
- 2022: Whatever this next year holds, may we all continue to find great joy in music. Jazz here in Scotland continues to amaze, with the old guard easily as impressive as the newbies. So here is one of each: Laura Macdonald; and AKU. Happy New Year to everyone, jazzers and fans alike!
- Keyna Wilkins is a Sydney-based composer-musician whose music has been variously characterised as (amongst other labels) Art Music, Space Jazz and Indigenous-Jazz Fusion. Certain of her preoccupations resonate with issues that we here in Scotland, likewise face. Scottish Jazz Space’s FM had the pleasure of interviewing her recently.
- Evelyn Laurie’s latest, completely charming album My Scottish Heart is a beautiful fusion of jazz and Scottish folk song. Here is Scottish Jazz Space’s review in US music zine Doobeedoobeedoo NY.
- Here’s the superb Scottish National Jazz Orchestra playing (last year, in fact) something Christmassy! And here’s hoping all you Scottish Jazz supporters have a very Happy Christmas – and a happy and healthy 2022!