Reviews & interviews ..
- Mardi Gras comes once again to Edinburgh’s Grassmarket, Saturday 16th July between 1 and 4pm. Come in shoes to dance in.. 💃🕺🎉
- ⭐️ Herbie Hancock tickets available!! ⭐️ 2 EIF tickets (row E) for Herbie Hancock, Sunday 7th August 2022 at The Playhouse, Edinburgh, are being offered by SJS follower Alan who can sadly no longer use them: “..tickets in stalls row E 60 each if I can get 70 for the pair will be delighted.” If anyone is interested, get in touch with SJS and we’ll give you Alan’s contact details.
- ⚡ Job opportunity!! ☀️
- Act Shy, Rachel Lightbody & Conor Smith and Rachel Duns Quartet: FREE, Saturday 2 July, 2 – 5pm, at the Kelvingrove Bandstand, Glasgow!! 🤩🔥⭐️
- New, regular jazz at the lovely Glad Cafe, Glasgow southside! Bravo Brodie Jarvie and Emilie Boyd for setting this up! 👏😀
- Update on the 🎵Langtoun Jazz Festival🎵 events. 24 – 26 June 2022. Still tickets available!! 😀
- Another treat, this time at Traverse One, Edinburgh this Monday 20th June at 8pm: a 10th anniversary live performance of guitarist Graeme Stephen’s acclaimed soundtrack to F W Murnau’s classic ‘Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans’ which received an award at the inaugural Academy Awards in 1929. This soundtrack earned Graeme the Award for Innovation at the 2012 Scottish Jazz Awards, and this Monday he will be joined by Phil Bancroft on sax, Pete Harvey on cello and Tom Bancroft on drums. Not one to miss!!
- Glasgow Jazz Festival has a huge treat this Sunday 19th June, at Glasgow’s Òran Mór: a “festival within a festival.” With Love from Glasgow has been curated by dynamic DJ and Producer Rebecca Vasmant and will showcase the very best of local talent! Across the afternoon and evening, there will be 5 live acts and 3 DJs – more details and tickets below!