Reviews & interviews ..
- Jazz at The Blue Lamp community jazz big band album is now available on Bandcamp! All proceeds to charity, in memory of the late Sandy Brown.
- This looks interesting, especially if you’re a Pauline Oliveros fan / deep listener.
- Album review of: ‘Momento’ by esteemed Scottish pianist Dave Milligan, as appeared in DooBeeDooBeeDoo – New York webzine today.
- 99. Continuing to riff on John Rae, here he is again on the just released Brian Kellock Trio’s Standards album, Think About It. One imagines that Miles would be more than happy with this excellent version of ‘Stella By Starlight’. Brian Kellock (piano), John Rae (drums) & Kenny Ellis (double bass). Great stuff! 😀
- 98. Edinburgh-born, Livingston-bred John Rae has had such a long & distinguished drumming career, that this humble drummer has spent much of the last several days checking out his back catalogue. For the last decade he’s lived in Wellington, New Zealand & the featured track today is a recent recording there. This listener had an image of a candyfloss machine, as his confection of drums emerges at 1.42, in The Earl of Seaforth’s Salute. Brilliant.
- Training & Continuing Professional Development Fund for music educators who teach young people, in Scotland. Closing Date 5pm, August 28th – so be quick!
- Scottish jazzers, this looks interesting: “Musicians on the Mound” & “The Green Room on the Meadows”.
- Targeted financial support for Black music creators who are UK-based, working in any genre and at any career level, who have been experiencing hardship from loss of work due to COVID-19. PRS Foundation’s Sustaining Creativity Fund. Funding deadline: 10 August 2020.